Last Updated on
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1851
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Extracted from The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Trinity church was built in 1837; and serves for a section of the parish formed into a chapelry in 1842, and containing a pop. of 2,683 in 1861.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Oswestry
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: St Asaph
Rural Deanery: Oswestry
Poor Law Union: Oswestry