Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1637
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
NEENTON, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; on the river Rea, 6 ½ miles SW of Bridgnorth r. station. Post-town, Bridgnorth. Acres, 1,140. Real property, not separately returned. Pop., 110. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to H. Lyster, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £190. Patron, Lady Charles Lyster. The church is ancient but good, and has a bell-turret.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Neenton Parish Registers 1558 to 1812 – Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Bridgnorth
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
Poor Law Union: Bridgnorth