Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1821
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TREFONEN, a chapelry in Oswestry parish, Salop; 3 miles SW of Oswestry r. station. It was constituted in 1842; and it has a post-office under Oswestry. Pop. in 1861, 1,248. Houses, 297. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £175. Patron, Earl Powis.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Oswestry
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of St Asaph (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: St Asaph
- Rural Deanery: Oswestry
- Poor Law Union: Oswestry
- Hundred: Oswestry
- Province: Canterbury