Last Updated on
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1836
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1836
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TILSTOCK, a chapelry in Whitchurch and Prees parishes, Salop; 2½ miles S of Whitchurch r. station. It has a post-office under Whitchurch. Pop., 656. Houses, 141. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, the Rector of Whitchurch. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Wem
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Market Drayton
- Poor Law Union: Whitchurch Incorp
- Hundred: North Bradford
- Province: Canterbury