Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1719; For more records see Edgmond
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1681
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TIBBERTON, a chapelry in Edgmond parish, Salop; 4½ miles W NW of Newport r. station. Post town, Edgmond, under Newport, Salop. Pop., 538. Houses, 106. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £100. Patron, the Rev. J. D. Corbet. The church was rebuilt in 1842. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Tibberton, a chapelry, in the parish of Edgmond, union of Droitwich [sic Newport?], Newport division of the hundred of South Bradford, N. division of Salop, 4 ¼ miles (W by N) from Newport; containing 329 Inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to All Saints. The tithes, including those of Cherrington, have been commuted for a rent-charge of £685. 4. 4., and there is a glebe of 43 ½ acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Newport
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Newport
- Poor Law Union: Newport
- Hundred: South Bradford
- Province: Canterbury