Edlingham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northumberland.
Other places in the parish include: Lemmington Mills, Lemmington with Battle Bridge and Lemmington Mills, Lemmington, Learchild, Broome Park, Broom Park, Bolton, Battle Bridge, Abbewick, and Abberwick.
Alternative names: Eddingham
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. John the Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1658
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1760
- Parish registers: 1824
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EDLINGHAM, a township and a parish in Alnwick district Northumberland. The township lies near Avdon forest, 6 miles SE of Alnwick town and r. station; and has a post office under Alnwick. Acres, 5,636. Pop., 133. Houses, 29. The parish contains also the townships of Abberwick, Lemmington, Learchild, Broom-Park, and Bolton. Acres, 12,348. Real property, £7,029. Pop., 676. Houses, 129. The property is divided among a few. A castle of the Swinbornes stood here, and some ruins of it still exist. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Bolton, in the diocese of Durham. Value, 483. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Durham. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Alnwick
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Durham (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Alnwick
Poor Law Union: Alnwick
Hundred: Coquetdale Ward