Status: Ancient Parish
The parish includes also the villages of Marston, Wood-Eaton, Oun, Goosemere, Orslow, and Eaton-Green.
Parish church: St. Edith
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Parishes near to Church Eaton
- Bradley, Staffordshire
- Castle Church
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHURCH-EATON, a village and a parish in Penkridge district, Stafford. The village stands near the Birmingham and Liverpool canal, 2¼ miles SSE of Gnosall r. station, and 5½ NW of Penkridge; and has a post office under Stafford. The parish includes also the villages of Marston, Wood-Eaton, Oun, Goosemere, Orslow, and Eaton-Green. Acres, 4, 204. Real property, £6, 226. Pop., 643. Houses, 145. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £976. Patron, the Earl of Shrewsbury. The church is chiefly Norman. A grammar school has £128 from endowment; and other charities, £74.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
|Bing Maps UK||Map||OS maps||Aerial||Bird’s Eye|
|Vision of Britain historical maps||Map||OS maps|
|Ordnance Survey||OS maps||See other OS
map links below
|National Library of Scotland||OS maps|
Civil Registration District: Penkridge
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Penkridge
Poor Law Union: Penkridge
Hundred: West Cuttlestone