Harlington Bedfordshire Family History Guide
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
Parish registers: 1647
Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Harlington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARLINGTON, a parish, with a r. station, in Woburn district, Beds; on the Midland railway, 5¾ miles S of Ampthill. Post-town, Toddington, under Dunstable. acres, 1,815. Real property, £3,775. Pop., 529. Gouses, 108. The property is not much divided. Woodend was the seat of the Astrey family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £143. Patron, Major C. Cooper. The church is decorated English; and consists of nave and chancel, with an embattled tower. Charities, £9.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Harlington, 5 m. N.E. Dunstable.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Woburn
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Fleete
Poor Law Union: Woburn