Eyeworth, Bedfordshire Family History Guide

Last Updated on

Status: Ancient Parish

Alternative names: Eyworth

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

* Parish registers: 1650
* Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Eyeworth

 

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

EYWORTH, a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; near the boundary with Cambridge and Herts, 4 miles E by N of Biggleswade town and r. station. Post town, Biggleswade. Acres, 1,229. Real property, £1,385. Pop., 149. Houses, 28. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £96. Patron, Lord Ongley. The church is good; and there are charities £17.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Family History Links

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death records, Census, Migration & Naturalization and Military records – Free

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Bedfordshire
Civil Registration District: Biggleswade
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Shefford
Poor Law Union: Biggleswade
Hundred: Biggleswade
Province: Canterbury