Last Updated on
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Souldrope
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
* Parish registers: 1670
* Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Souldrop
- Colworth Farm
Historical Descriptions of Souldrop
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SOULDROP, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Bedford; 2 miles NW by N of Sharnbrook r. station. Post town, Sharnbrook, under Bedford. Acres, 1,290. Real property, £1,055. Pop., 276. Houses, 52. The manor belongs to the Duke of Bedford. The living is a rectory, annexed to Knotting. The church, excepting the tower and part of the spire, was recently rebuilt.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Souldrop, 9 miles N.W. Bedford. P. 332
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Bedford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Clapham
Poor Law Union: Bedford