Last Updated on

Status: Chapelry (Highworth parish)

Other places in the parish include: Bury Blunsdon

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

* Parish registers: 1680
* Bishop’s Transcripts: 1585

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Broad Blunsdon

 

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

BLUNSDON (Broad), a chapelry in Highworth parish, Wilts; 3½ miles SE of Cricklade, and 4 N of Swindon r. station. It includes the tything of Bury-Blunsdon; and has a post office under Swindon. Acres, 2,260. Rated property, £2,194. Pop., 806. Houses, 198. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Family History Links

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death records, Census, Migration & Naturalization and Military records – Free

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Wiltshire
Civil Registration District: Highworth
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Highworth
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 – None, Post-1846 – Cricklade
Poor Law Union: Highworth and Swindon
Hundred: Highworth, Cricklade and Staple
Province: Canterbury