Last Updated on

Status: Ancient Parish

Alternative names: Little Blunsden, Little Blunsdon, St Andrew Blunsdon

Parish church: St. Andrew

Parish registers begin:

* Parish registers: 1650
* Bishop’s Transcripts: 1668

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Blunsdon St Andrew

 

Historical Descriptions of Blunsdon St Andrew

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

BLUNSDON-ST. ANDREW, or Little Blunsdon, a parish in Highworth district, Wilts; 3½ miles SSE of Cricklade, and 3½ NNW of Swindon r. station. Post Town, Broad-Blunsdon, under Swindon. Acres, 1,422. Real property, with Broad-Blunsdon and Bury-Blunsdon, £5,858. Pop., 84. Houses, 16. The property is divided among a few. Blunsdon Castle Hill has a camp, commonly regarded as Roman. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £305. Patron, H. Calley, Esq. The church is fair.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Family History Links

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death records, Census, Migration & Naturalization and Military records – Free

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Wiltshire
Civil Registration District: Highworth
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Cricklade
Poor Law Union: Highworth and Swindon
Hundred: Highworth, Cricklade and Staple
Province: Canterbury

Photographs