Last Updated on
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Farley
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1685
Parishes adjacent to Farleigh
- Croydon St John the Baptist
Historical Descriptions of Farleigh
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARLEY, a parish in Godstone district, Surrey; 2½ miles NE of Warlingham r. station, and 5½ SE by S of Croydon. Post town, Caterham, under Red Hill. Acres, 1,060. Real property, £794. Pop., 105. Houses, 21. The property is subdivided; and part of the land is common. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £195. Patron, Merton College, Oxford. The church is early English and good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland Gorton 1833
Farley, co. Surrey.
P. T. Croydon (9) 5½ m. S E. Pop. 84.
A parish in the second division of the hundred of Tandridge; living, a dis. rectory in the archdeaconry and diocese of Winchester; valued in K. B. 4l. 16s. 5½d.; ann val. P. R. 129l. 19s. 2d.; church ded. to St. Mary; patron, Merton College, Oxford.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
FreeReg – Parish Registers – Free
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Godstone
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Godstone