Abbotsley, Huntingdonshire Family History Guide
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1754
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Abbotsley
- St Neots
- Great Gransden
Historical Descriptions of Abbotsley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ABBOTSLEY, a parish in St. Neot’s district, Huntingdon; 3¼ miles E of the Great Northern railway, and 4½ SE of St. Neot’s. Post Town, St. Neot’s. Acres, 2,110. Real property, £2,005. Pop., 486. Houses, 94 The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £85. Patron, Baliol College, Oxford. The church is good, and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £9.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of the United Kingdom 1808
Abbottsleigh, a parish in the hundred of Toseland, Huntingdon, 4 miles from St. Neot’s, and 60 from London; containing 45 houses and 287 inhabitants. It is a vicarage, value 8l. 17s. 1d.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of the United Kingdom. Benjamin Pitts Capper. 1808.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: St Neots
Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: St Neots
Poor Law Union: St Neots