Last Updated on
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1849
Parishes adjacent to Two Mile Hill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TWO-MILE-HILL, a chapelry in St. George parish, Gloucester; 2½ miles NE of Bristol r. station. It was constituted in 1845. Post town, Bristol. Pop. in 1861, 3,622. Houses, 765. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £160.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1855 There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Clifton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Bristol
Poor Law Union: Clifton
Hundred: Barton Regis