Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1709
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Parishes adjacent to Cusop
Historical Descriptions of Cusop
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CUSOP, a parish in the district of Hay and county of Hereford; at the boundary with Brecon, near the Hereford and Brecon railway, 1¼ mile ESE of Hay. Post town, Hay, under Hereford. Acres, 2,294. Real property, £2,260. Pop., 218. Houses, 55. The property is much subdivided. The scenery is very beautiful. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £203. Patron, the Earl of Oxford. The church is old but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Hay
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weobley
Poor Law Union: Hay
Hundred: Ewyas Lacey