Last Updated on
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1671
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Parishes adjacent to Credenhill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CREDENHILL, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on an affluent of the river Wye, adjacent to the Hereford and Brecon railway, 4½ miles NW by W of Hereford. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Bishopstone, under Hereford. Acres, 1,224. Real property, £2,500. Pop., 199. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. A well-wooded hill here is crowned by a double-ditched camp of about 40 acres; and commands a fine view. Credenhill House is the seat of the Eckleys. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £297. Patron, the Rev. J. Eckley. The church is ancient but good; and contains monuments of the Eckleys.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Hereford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weobley
Poor Law Union: Hereford