Cradley, an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. James
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Parishes adjacent to Cradley Herefordshire
Historical Descriptions of Cradley Herefordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CRADLEY (East and West), a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; under the Malvern hills, at the boundary with Worcester, 3 miles N of Colwall r. station, and 7 ¾ SE of Bromyard. It has a post office, of the name of Cradley, under Malvern. Acres, 5, 966. Real property, £8, 858. Pop., 1,830. Houses, 418. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford; and has under it the chapelry of St. John the Evangelist, a vicarage and a separate charge. Value of the rectory, £957; of the vicarage, £100. Patron of the rectory, the Bishop of Hereford; of the vicarage, the Rector. The parish church was restored in 1869; and the church of St. John is very good. A school has £20 from endowment; and other charities £24.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Bromyard
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Frome
Poor Law Union: Bromyard