Collington, Herefordshire Family History Guide



Collington, an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire

Status: Ancient Parish

Parish church: All Saints

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1566
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Collington

 

Historical Descriptions of Collington

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

COLLINGTON, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; adjacent to the boundary with Worcester, 3½ miles N of Bromyard, and 6½ SE of Tenbury r. station. Post town, Bromyard, under Worcester. Acres, 985. Real property, £1, 224. Pop., 150. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. Ripplewood House is the seat of the Whites. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Edwin-Ralph, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is a very neat stone structure of 1857. Charities, £7.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Family History Links

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death records, Census, Migration & Naturalization and Military records – Free

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Herefordshire
Civil Registration District: Bromyard
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Hereford
Rural Deanery: Frome
Poor Law Union: Bromyard
Hundred: Broxash
Province: Canterbury