Last Updated on
Parish registers begin:
Parishes adjacent to Loughton
Historical Descriptions of Loughton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LOUGHTON, a chapelry in Chetton parish, Salop; under Brown-Clee hill, 7 miles NW of Cleobury-Mortimer r. station, and 9 NE of Ludlow. Post town, Bridgnorth. Acres, 1,015. Rated property, £600. Pop., 100. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Viscount Boyne. The living is annexed to the rectory of Chetton, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is about 300 years old. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Loughton. A parish in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesden, a chapel consolidated with Chetton, Deuxhill, and Glazeley, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Stottesden, and archdeaconry of Salop. 23 houses, 119 inhabitants. 6 miles north west of Cleobury Mortimer.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Cleobury Mortimer
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
Poor Law Union: Cleobury Mortimer