Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Honity
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1745
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1805
Parishes adjacent to Honiley
Historical Descriptions of Honiley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HONILY, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; 3 miles W of Kenilworth r. station, and 5 ½ NW of Warwick. Post town, Kenilworth. Acres, 642. Real property, £843. Pop., 63. Houses, 12. The manor had anciently a peculiar ecclesiastical jurisdiction; was given, in the time of Henry III., to Richard Peche; passed, in the time of Henry VII., to Sir Simon Montfort; went, at his attainder, to the Crown; was given to the Fitzgeralds; reverted, in the time of Mary, to the Crown; was then given to the Throckmortons; passed to the Burgoynes, and to Lord Carrington; and belongs now to Mrs Willes. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150. Patron, Mrs. Willes. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Honily, 3 miles W. Kenilworth. P. 50.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Warwick
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Warwick