Bradoc or Braddock, Cornwall Family History Guide
Bradoc is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Alternative names: Braddock, Bradock, Broadoak
Other places in the parish include: West Taphouse.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1555
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Bradoc
- St Winnow
- St Neot
- St Pinnock
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BROADOAK, or Bradock, a parish in Liskeard district, Cornwall; 2 miles SSW of Doublebois r. station, and 4 NE by E of Lostwithiel. It includes West Taphouse hamlet; and its Post Town is Lostwithiel. Acres, 3,367. Real property, £1,464. Pop., 274. Houses, 54. The property is divided among a few. The manor was held, at Domesday, by Robert, Earl of Mortaigne. Broadoak-down was the scene of the defeat, in 1643, of the parliamentarians under Ruthven by the royalists under Hopton. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Boconnoc, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is good, and has an ancient font.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Liskeard
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Dean and Chapter of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Pre-1848 – None, Post-1847 – West
Poor Law Union: Liskeard
Hundred: West (Cornwall)