Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Protus & St. Hyacinth
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Blisland
- St Neot
- St Tudy
- St Mabyn
- St Breward
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLISLAND, a parish in Bodmin district, Cornwall: on the border of the moors, 4 miles NNE of Bodmin, and 5½ N of Bodmin Road r. station. Post Town, Bodmin. Acres, 6,338. Real property, £3,649. Pop., 553. Houses, 121. The property is divided among a few. Granite, schist, stream-tin, and other minerals are found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £571. Patron, the Rev. F. W. Pye. The church has a fine brass of 1410; and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel. A fair is held on 25 Sept.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Blisland, 2 m. N. Bodmin. P.688
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Bodmin
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
Rural Deanery: Trigg Minor
Poor Law Union: Bodmin