Last Updated on
Alternative names: Nether and Upper Dean, Nether Dean
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1566
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Parishes adjacent to Dean
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DEAN (Nether and Upper), a parish in the district of St. Neot’s and county of Bedford; near the Three-shire-stone, 3½ miles W of Kimbolton, and 6 NE by N of Sharnbrook r. station. Post town, Kimbolton, under St. Neot’s. Acres, 2, 370. Real property, £2, 911. Pop., 552. Houses, 124. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £200. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is Norman. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a well. endowed school, and charities £14.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Dean (Nether and Upper), 12 miles N.W. Bedford. P. 541.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: St Neots
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Eaton
Poor Law Union: St Neots