Colmworth, Bedfordshire Family History Guide
Colmworth, an Ancient Parish in the county of Bedfordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Denis
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1735
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Colmworth
Historical Descriptions of Colmworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLMWORTH, a parish in the district and county of Bedford; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 5 miles WSW of St. Neots r. station, and 7½ NE of Bedford. Post town, St. Neots. Acres, 2,310. Real property, £2,026. Pop., 527. Houses, 114. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £179. Patron, the Rev. R. W. Gery. The church is early English, has a fine spire, and is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Colmworth, 9 miles. N.E. Bedford. P. 575.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Bedford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Eaton
Poor Law Union: Bedford