Last Updated on
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Shillingford
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1578
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1603
Parishes adjacent to Shellingford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHELLINGFORD, a parish, with a village, in Faringdon district, Berks; 2½ miles SE of Faringdon r. station. Post town, Faringdon. Acres, 1,717. Real property, £3,303. Pop., 308. Houses, 60. The manor belongs to T. M. Goodlake, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £600. Patron, T. M. Goodlake, Esq. The church is Norman and good, and has a spire. There is an Independent chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Faringdon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Diocese: Pre-1836 – Salisbury, Post-1835 – Oxford
Rural Deanery: Abingdon
Poor Law Union: Faringdon