Last Updated on
Curdworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Minworth and Dunton.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St Nicholas and St Peter ad Vincula
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1673
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Curdworth
- Aston juxta Birmingham
- Lea Marston
- Sutton Coldfield
- Castle Bromwich
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Curdworth, a village and a parish in Aston district, Warwick. The village stands near the river Tame, the Fazeley canal, and Water-Orton r. station, 2 ¾ miles NNW of Coleshill; and has a post-office under Birmingham. Pop., 330. Houses, 65. The parish includes also the hamlet of Minworth. Acres, 3,170. Real property, £6,296. Pop., 649. Houses, 136. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £320. Patron, twice B. Noel, Esq., and once alternately by the Right Hon. C. B. Adderley and the Rev. W. Wakefield. The church is early English and good. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Aston
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Aston