Binley Warwickshire Family History Guide
Status: Originally a Chapelry to Coventry Holy Trinity succeeded by Binley Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Binley Woods
Other places in the parish include: Earnsford
Parish church: St Bartholomew
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1660 see also Coventry Holy Trinity
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1665
Parishes adjacent to Binley
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Binley, a parish in Foleshill district, Warwick; on the river Sow, adjacent to the Northwestern railway, 2 ½ miles E of Coventry. It includes the liberty of Earnsford; and its post-town is Coventry. Acres, 2,470. Real property, £2,356. Pop., 196. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to Earl Craven; and Binley Hall is the seat of the Lloyds. The living is a donative in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £52. Patron, Earl Craven. The church was built by the sixth Lord Craven, and is a Grecian structure, with a medallioned roof. Charities, £6. Wagstaffe, the nonjuring bishop, was a native.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Binley with Earnsford, 3 miles E. Coventry. P. 233
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Earnsford, a liberty in Binley parish, Warwick; on the river Sow, near the Northwestern railway, 2 miles SE of Coventry.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Earnsford, a liberty, in the parish of Binley, union of Foleshill, Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, N. division of the county of Warwick, 3 ¼ miles (E.S.E.) from Coventry.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Civil Registration District: Foleshill
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Coventry
Poor Law Union: Foleshill