Standlynch, Wiltshire Family History Guide



Standlynch chapel, Trafalgar Park, Wiltshire
Standlynch chapel, Trafalgar Park, Wiltshire, seen from the south. Medieval church with some 14th-century features, rebuilt in 1677. It was restored under the direction of William Butterfield between 1859 and 1866, but is now boarded up. The few graves there are those of relatives of Admiral Lord Nelson, the Park having been given by Act of Parliament to Nelson’s brother in 1805. Peter Facey / Private Church within Trafalgar Park / CC BY-SA 2.0

Status: Extra-Parochial until 1897

Alternative names: Standlinch

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers:
  • Bishop’s Transcripts:

Nonconformists include:

Parishes near to Standlynch

  • Downton
  • Breamore
  • Charlton All Saints
  • Redlynch

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

STANDLINCH, a parish in Alderbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 5 miles SE by S of Salisbury r. station. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 694. Real property, £1,057. Pop., 90. Houses, 12. S. House was built, in 1733, by Sir P. Vandeput; and is now the seat of Earl Nelson, and called Trafalgar House. There is no living.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Directories

Kelly’s Directory of Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorsetshire and the Isle of Wight 1889

Family History Links

FamilySearch Historical Records

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

  • County: Wiltshire
  • Civil Registration District: Salisbury
  • Diocese: Salisbury
  • Rural Deanery: Wilton
  • Poor Law Union: Salisbury
  • Hundred: Downton
  • Province: Canterbury