Little Somerford, Wiltshire Family History Guide
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. John the Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1708
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Parishes adjacent to Little Somerford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SOMERFORD (Little), a parish, with a village, in Malmsbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 7 miles WNW of Wootton-Bassett r. station. It has a post-office under Chippenham. Acres, 1,392. Rated property, £2,414. Pop., 335. Houses, 74. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £241. Patron, the Rev. H. Wightwick. The church is ancient but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Malmesbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Malmesbury