Last Updated on
Baverstock is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Hurdcott.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Edith
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1609
Parishes adjacent to Baverstock
- Barford St Martin
- Groveley Wood
- Steeple Langford
- Little Langford
- Compton Chamberlayne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BAVERSTOCK, a parish in Wilton district, Wilts; on the river Nadder and on the Salisbury and Yeovil railway, near Dinton station, 4 miles W of Wilton. It includes the hamlet of Hurdcott; and its Post Town is Barford-St. Martin, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,168. Real property, with Barford-St. Martin, £5,984. Pop., 168. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £296. Patron, Exeter college, Oxford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages at Baverstock 1559-1812 – UK Genealogy Archives
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Wilton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Chalke
Poor Law Union: Wilton
Hundred: Cawden and Cadworth