Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1706
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Parishes adjacent to Kingston Deverill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DEVERILL-KINGSTON, a parish in Mere district, Wilts; on the Deverill rivulet, 4 miles NE by N of Mere, and 6 SW of Heytesbury r. station. It has a post office under Warminster. Acres, 2,060. Real property, with Deverill-Monckton, £3,875. Pop., 376. Houses, 90. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £308. Patron, the Marquis of Bath. The church has an old font; and is very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages at Kingston Deverill 1706-1812 – UK Genealogy Archives
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Mere
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Wylye
Poor Law Union: Mere
Hundred: Mere; South Damerham