Over Whitacre, an Ancient Paris in the county of Warwickshire
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Giles
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1673
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodists
Parishes adjacent to Over Whitacre
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHITACRE (Over), a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; 2½ miles ESE of Whitacre Junction r. station. Post town, Nether Whitacre, under Birmingham. Acres, 1,375. Real property, £2,980. Pop., 285. Houses, 72. W. House is the seat of E. Wilson, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £142. Patron, G. W. Digby, Esq. The church is modern, in the Italian style, with a lofty spire. Charities, £21.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Meriden
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Meriden