Idlicote, Warwickshire Family History Guide
Idlicote is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. James
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1556
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611
Parishes adjacent to Idlicote
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IDLICOTE, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; 2½ miles NNE of Shipston-on-Stour, and 8½ ENE of Chipping-Campden railway station. Post town, Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 1,408. Real property, £1,784. Pop., 115. Houses, 26. The manor belonged to the monks of Kenilworth; passed through varions hands; and belongs now to Captain Peach. Idlicote House, the manorial mansion, is a handsome edifice in the Tudor style, and commands extensive views. The parish is a meet for the Warwick hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £230. Patron, Captain Peach. The church is old, and consists of nave, aisle. and chancel, with a tower. Charities, £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Idlicote, 3 miles N.N.E. Shipston. P. 82.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Idlicote (St. James), a parish, in the union of Shipston-upon-Stour, Brails division of the hundred of Kington, S. division of the county of Warwick, 3¼ miles (N. E.) from Shipston; containing 82 inhabitants. The parish, which is situated on the right bank of the Stour, that river separating it from a detached part of Worcestershire, comprises by computation 1408 acres: stone of inferior quality is obtained for rough buildings, and for repairing the roads. The living is a rectory, valued in the King’s books at £13. 6. 8.; net income, £80; patron, Henry P. K. Peach, Esq.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Idlicote A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Idlicote, co. Warwick.
P. T. Shipston-upon-Stour (83) 3 m. NNE. Pop. 88.
A parish in the Brailes division of the hundred of Kington; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester; valued in K. B. 13l. 6s. 8d.; church ded. to St. James; patron (1829) Samuel Peach, Esq.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Civil Registration District: Shipston on Stour
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Shipston on Stour