Bradley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Alstone and Apeton, Apeton, Woollaston, Rule, and Billington.
Parish registers begin: 1538
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Bradley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRADLEY, a parish in the district and county of Stafford; 2 miles SSE of Haughton r. station, and 5 SW of Stafford. It includes the liberties of Billington and Woollaston; and its Post Town is Church-Eaton, under Stafford. Acres, 3,376. Real property, £8,752. Pop., 597. Houses, 125. The property is much subdivided. The living. is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £75. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is very good. A free school h as £132; and other charities £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Billington, a liberty in Bradley parish, Staffordshire; 2 miles SW of Stafford. Billington Bury here is an ancient British camp, and commands a fine view.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Stafford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Penkridge
- Poor Law Union: Stafford
- Hundred: West Cuttlestone
- Province: Canterbury