Blurton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1721 from chapelry in Trentham Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Blurton and Lightwood Forest
Parish registers begin: 1754
Parishes adjacent to Blurton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLURTON and LIGHTWOOD-FOREST, a township-chapelry in Trentham parish, Stafford; on the North Stafford railway, adjacent to the Grand Trunk canal, 1 mile SE of Trentham r. station, and 5 SE by E of Newcastle-under-Lyne. Post Town, Trentham, under Stoke-upon-Trent. Acres, 2,210. Real property, £6,985. Pop., 2,857. Houses, 594. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; and till 1866 was united with Redbank. Value, £400. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Stone
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Trentham
- Poor Law Union: Stone
- Hundred: North Pirehill
- Province: Canterbury