Ash Priors, Somerset Family History Guide
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1700
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1595
Parishes adjacent to Ash Priors
- Bishop’s Lydeard
- Combe Florey
- Lydeard St Lawrence
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASH-PRIORS, a parish in Taunton district, Somerset; near Bishops-Lydeard r. station, and 6 miles NW of Taunton.-Post Town, Bishops-Lydeard under Taunton. Acres, 635. Real property, £1,057. Pop., 207. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £70. Patron, Sir T. B. Lethbridge, Bart. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ash-Priors, 3 m. N.E. Milverton. P. 226.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Taunton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Taunton
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Taunton
Poor Law Union: Taunton
Hundred: West Kingsbury