Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1548
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1632
Parishes adjacent to Leebotwood
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LEEBOTWOOD, a village and a parish in Church Stretton parish, Salop. The village stands on WatlingStreet, adjacent to the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 4 miles NNE of Church-Stretton; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Shrewsbury. The parish comprises 1,267 acres. Rated property, £1,759. Pop., 210. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. Coal and limestone are worked, and bricks and tiles are made. The living is a p. curacy, united with the p. curacy of Longnor, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £135. Patron, Lieut. Col. Corbett. The church belonged to Haughmond abbey; is ancient but good; and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Leebotwood. A parish in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover, a curacy, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 3 ½ miles north-east by north of Church Stretton.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Leebotwood Parish Registers 1548-1812
Shropshire Parish registers Diocese of Lichfield Vol. V (1905)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; 1900-1906, W.P.W. Phillimore
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
Civil Registration District: Church Stretton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Condover
Poor Law Union: Church Stretton