Heath Shropshire Family History Guide



Heath Chapel, near Bouldon, Shropshire
Photo of Heath Chapel, near Bouldon, Shropshire. The 12th-century Norman chapel is all that remains above ground of a deserted medieval village, the earthworks of which surround it on all sides. by Betty Longbottom, some rights reserved.

Heath is a chapelry of Stoke St Milborough Ancient Parish in Shropshire.

Other places in the parish include: Norncott.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Heath

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

Heath, a township in Stoke-St. Milborough parish, Salop; 7½ miles NNE of Ludlow. It contains Norncott hamlet; and forms a chapelry annexed to the vicarage of Stoke-St. Milborough. Pop., 38. Houses, 8.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Heath, a chapelry in the parish of Stoke-St.-Milborough, county of Salop. Acres 390. Houses 8. Pop., in 1821, 41 ; in 1831, 42. Poor rates, in 1838, £14 16s.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.

Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Heath. A township in the parish of Stoke St. Milborough, and in the hundred of Munslow, a chapel to Stoke St. Milborough. 7 houses, 41 inhabitants. 7 ½ miles north-east of Ludlow.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Poll Books

Heath, Shropshire Poll Book 1865

Family History Links

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death records, Census, Migration & Naturalization and Military records – Free

Administration

  • County: Shropshire
  • Civil Registration District: Ludlow
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Hereford
  • Rural Deanery: Ludlow
  • Poor Law Union: Ludlow
  • Hundred: Munslow
  • Province: Canterbury