Alternative names: Ayott St. Peter, Ayott-Parva
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1686
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
Parishes adjacent to Ayot St Peter
- Ayot St Lawrence
- Bishop’s Hatfield
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
AYOTT-ST. PETER, or Ayott-Parva, a parish in Hatfield district, Herts; 2 miles SW of Welwyn r. station. It has a post office under Welwyn. Acres, 1,100. Real property, £1,558. Pop., 234. Houses, 53. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £250. Patron, Rev. E. Prodgers. The church was rebuilt in 1863.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Ayott (St Peter), or Ayott-Parva, a parish in the hund. of Broadwater, union of Welwyn, county of Hertford; 2 miles south-west from Welwyn. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Huntingdon and dio. of Lincoln; rated at £7 8s. 6½d.; gross income £300. Patron, in 1835, the earl of Hardwicke. Pop., in 1801, 168; in 1831, 271. Houses 49. Acres 1,270. A. P. £1,072. Poor rates, in 1837, £66.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ayott (St. Peter), 4¼m. N. Hatfield. P. 240
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Hertfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hatfield
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon (Hitchin Division)
- Diocese: Post-1844 – Rochester, Pre-1845 – Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – Hertford, Post-1844 – Welwyn
- Poor Law Union: Welwyn
- Hundred: Broadwater
- Province: Canterbury