Haywards Field, Gloucestershire Family History Guide
Hayward’s Field was a small parish in Stroud union, formerly extra-parochial but from 1884 onwards the extra-parochial area of Hayward’s Field was merged into the parish of Stonehouse.
- Extra-Parochial Area (until 1884)
- Civil Parish (1858 – 1884)
Hayward’s Field Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876
Hayward’s Field is a small parish in Stroud union, formerly extra-parochial, but constituted a separate parish by the Act of the 20th Victoria, c. 19, containing, by the census of 1861, 5, and in 1871, 10 inhabitants, and about 20 acres of land; in the deanery of Stonehouse, archdeaconry of Gloucester, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, hundred of Whitstone, East Gloucestershire, adjoining Stonehouse, and forming part of the Parliamentary Borough of Stroud. The rateable value of this parish is £20.
Webster Joseph Wood, beer retailer
Stonehouse is the post town and nearest money order office.
Source: Morris & Co.’s Commercial Directory & Gazetteer of Gloucestershire with Bristol and Monmouth. Second Edition. Hounds Gate, Nottingham. 1876.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HAYWARDS-FIELD, an extra-parochial tract in Stroud district, Gloucester; 3 miles SW of Stroud. Pop., 5. Houses, 2.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Stroud
Probate Court: Search the the surrounding parishes
Poor Law Union: Stroud