Last Updated on
Haselton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Yanworth is a chapelry of Haselton.
Alternative names: Haselton with Yanworth, Hazleton, Hazeldon
Parish registers begin: 1597
Parishes adjacent to Haselton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HAZLETON, or HAZLEDON, a village and a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester. The village stands among the Cotswolds, 3 miles NW of Northleach, and 6 SW by W of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. The parish contains also the chapelry of Yanworth; and its post town is Andoverford, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2,530. Real property, £2,753. Pop., 308. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to H. E. Waller, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the chapelry of Yanworth, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £550. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is Norman.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Hazleton, a parish in the hund. of Bradley, union of North-Leach, county of Gloucester; 3½ miles north-west by north of North-Leach. It includes the chapelry of Yanworth. Living, a rectory with the curacy of Yanworth, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the archd. of Gloucester and dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £19 5s. 5d.; gross income £395. Patron, the Lord-chancellor. There is a daily school here. Acres 2,530. Houses 52. A.P. £2,791. Pop., in 1801, 195; in 1831, 287. Poor rates, in 1838, £77 6s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Hazleton, 2½ miles N.W. Northleach. P. 286
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Northleach
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Bradley
- Province: Canterbury