Little Rissington, Gloucestershire Family History Guide
Little Rissington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1543
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Little Rissington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RISSINGTON (Little), a parish, with a village, in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester; 2 miles SE of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. Post-town, Burford, under Faringdon. Acres, 1,300. Real property, £2,244. Pop., 290. Houses, 60. The manor, with a recent Tudor mansion, belongs to J. Bennett, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £430. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is variously Norman, early English, decorated, and perpendicular; and was restored in 1850 and 1865. There is an endowed national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Marriages at Little Rissington 1550-1837
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stow on the Wold
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Stow on the Wold
- Hundred: Slaughter
- Province: Canterbury