Last Updated on

Coalpit Heath is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1845 from Frampton Cotterell Ancient Parish and Westerleigh chapelry.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1845

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Coalpit Heath

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

COALPIT-HEATH, a hamlet in Westerleigh parish, and a chapelry in Westerleigh and Frampton-Cotterell parishes, Gloucester. The hamlet lies near the Bristol and Gloucester railway, 2 miles SW of Yate r. station, and 3¼ WSW of Chipping-Sodbury; and has a post office under Bristol. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Pop., 1,828. Houses, 393. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Administration

  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Chipping Sodbury
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
  • Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
  • Poor Law Union: Chipping Sodbury
  • Hundred: Pucklechurch
  • Province: Canterbury