Coaley, Gloucestershire Family History Guide
Coaley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1569
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Coaley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COALEY, a parish in Dursley district, Gloucester; on the Gloucester and Berkeley canal, 2½ miles SSE of Frocester r. station, and 3 NNE of Dursley. It has a post office under Dursley. Acres, 2,463. Real property, £5,695. Pop., 777. Houses, 187. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £158. Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is recent. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a n. school, and charities £12.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Coaley, 3 m. N.E. Dursley. P. 979
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Marriages at Coaley 1625-1812
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Dursley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Dursley
- Poor Law Union: Dursley
- Hundred: Berkeley (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury