Newington Bagpath is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Bartholomew
Parish registers begin: 1686
Parishes adjacent to Newington Bagpath
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NEWINGTON-BAGPATH, a parish, with a village, in Tetbury district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, 4 miles SE by E of Dursley r. station, and 4½ WNW of Tetbury. Post-town, Wotton-under-Edge. Acres, 2,131. Real property, £2,477. Pop., 242. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Col. Kingscote. Bagpath Court was formerly a mansion, and is now a farm-house. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Owlpen, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £450. Patron, Col. Kingscote. The church is early English, and the chancel was lately rebuilt. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tetbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Dursley
- Poor Law Union: Tetbury
- Hundred: Berkeley (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury