Cold Salperton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Salperton was an Ancient Parish until 1935 when it was succeeded by Cold Salperton Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Salperton
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin: 1629
Parishes adjacent to Salperton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SALPERTON, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, 4 miles NNW of Northleach, and 5¾ W by S of Bourton-on-the Water r. station. Post-town, Andoversford, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,210. Real property, £1,472. Pop., 189. Houses, 42. The manor, with S. Park, belongs to T. B. Browne, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £107. Patron, T. B. Browne, Esq. The church is early Norman. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Salperton (All Saints). A parish, in the union of Northleach, hundred of Bradley, E division of the county of Gloucester, 5 miles (NW by N) from Northleach; containing 206 inhabitants. The parish comprises nearly 1400 acres, of which the surface is undulated, and the soil generally stony, and of little depth; it is situated a little to the north of the road from Northleach to Cheltenham, and to the south of that from Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire to the same town. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of John Browne, Esq., with a net income of £95: the tithes were commuted for land in 1780.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Bradley
- Province: Canterbury