Saul is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1740 from chapelry in Standish Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1573
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Saul
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SAUL, a parish, with a village, in Wheatenhurst district, Gloucester; near the river Severn, 4 miles N W of Stonehouse r. station. It has a post-office under Stone-house. Acres, 564. Real property, £2,166; of which £431 are in the Gloucester and Berkeley and the Thames and Severn canals. Pop., 607. Houses, 144. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £125. Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is old, and was repaired and enlarged about 1850. The rectory of Framilode is a separate benefice. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, a British school, and charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Wheatenhurst
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Gloucester
- Poor Law Union: Wheatenhurst
- Hundred: Whitstone (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury