Shipton Moyne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1570
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
Parishes adjacent to Shipton Moyne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHIPTON-MOYNE, a parish, with a village, in Tetbury district, Gloucester; 2½ miles S by E of Tetbury, and 8¾ SSW of Tetbury-Road r. station. It has a post-office under Tetbury. Acres, 2,298. Real property, £3,790. Pop., 407. Houses, 84. The manor, with Estcourt House, belongs to the Right Hon. T. H. S. S. Estcourt. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £442. Patron, the Right Hon. T. H. S. S. Estcourt. The church, excepting the N porch and a small S chapel, was rebuilt in 1865. There are a slightly endowed school, and charities £18.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Shipton-Moyne, a parish in the hund. of Longtree, union of Tetbury, county of Gloucester; 2¼ miles south of Tetbury. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £18 1s. 10½d.; gross income £455. Patron, in 1841, T. G. B. Estcourt. Here are a daily and a Sunday school, the former endowed with £5, the latter with £6 per annum. Acres 2,400. Houses 77. A. P. £3,602. Pop., in 1801, 273; in 1831, 389. Poor rates, in 1838, £62 5s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Marriages at Shipton Moyne 1587-1812
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tetbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Tetbury
- Hundred: Longtree
- Province: Canterbury