Bussage, Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Bussage (Glos) St Michael's Church
Bussage (Glos) St Michael’s Church. The copyright on this image is owned by ChurchCrawler and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license.

Bussage is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1848 from Bisley Ancient Parish.

Parish church: St. Michael

Parish registers begin: 1848 (Bishop’s Transcripts)

Nonconformists include: Baptist

Parishes adjacent to Bussage

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

BUSSAGE, a chapelry in Bisley parish, Gloucester; adjacent to the Cheltenham and Western Union railway, 3 miles E of Stroud. Post Town, Chalford, under Stroud. Pop., 312. Houses, 73. The chapelry was constituted in 1848. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £30. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Directories

Bussage Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Administration

  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Stroud
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
  • Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
  • Poor Law Union: Stroud
  • Hundred: Bisley
  • Province: Canterbury